[CIG-SHORT] Initial stress diagnostic output

Demian Gomez demiang at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 07:44:30 PST 2016

Dear all,

I am still trying to incorporate gravity to my model. After I run my
quasi-static simulation (with zero displacement at the fault) I'm getting
~16 m of displacement with a very suspicious spatial variation. Therefore,
something is inconsistent but I can't figure out what it is. Is there a way
to output the initial stress as a diagnostic variable (like density,
lambda, etc)? I didn't find how to do this in the manual. It would be very
helpful to see how Pylith is assigning my initial stress spatialdb to the
domain.

Thanks,
Demián

--