[CIG-SHORT] Question regarding spatial database with depth and lateral dependent properties

Brad Aagaard baagaard at usgs.gov
Sun Oct 23 20:20:39 PDT 2016

Josimar,

See examples/2d/gravity, especially step03. For linear elasticity, the
setup is relatively straightforward. With viscoelastic materials it can
get tricky if the lateral density variation extends into the
viscoelastic material, because the lighter material wants to move on top
of the denser material.