[CIG-SHORT] R: pressure & pylith

Brad Aagaard baagaard at usgs.gov
Mon Oct 24 14:10:53 PDT 2016

Alberto,

Please ALWAYS send questions about PyLith to cig-short at geodynamics.org
instead of one of us individually.

If your test case 1 worked, then there is probably an error in how you
are setting up test case 2. If you need to specify information
cell-by-cell, you should use the integration points, not the cell
centroids as the stresses are evaluated at the integration points.
PyLith uses 9.80665 m/s**2 as the default value for the acceleration of
gravity. If you compute your initial stresses using 9.81 m/s**2, then
you should change PyLith's default value to 9.81 m/s**2. Other things to
check include the type of spatial distribution (use data-dim = 3 for
points in a volume; if you have a logically rectangular grid, then use a
grid spatial database (SimpleGridDB) for improved performance) and all
of the other information in the spatial database header.