[CIG-SHORT] Stress output element order

Li, Teng tengli2 at illinois.edu
Sun Apr 2 12:52:47 PDT 2017

Hi,
My model is a 2d plane. The size is 1000m*1000m. And I use mesh size 25m. So there is totally 1600 square element in the domain. And I would like to output the stress using FilterAvg CellFilter. Then I out put a h5 file.
I find the size of stress variable is (3*1600*205), in which 3 is three stress components, 1600 are the total number of elements in the domain, and 205 is time step.
And I am now using Matlab to create contour 2d plane plot.
My question is: What is the order of the 1600 elements?
For example,
it is
1 2 3 4 5 ....40
41 42 43 44 ....80

or it is in other way?

Thanks!

Teng Li

Master Candidate in Structures

205 North Mathews Ave, Urbana, IL. 61801

Phone:(217)8196210, Email: tengli2 at illinois.edu