[CIG-SHORT] Fault output normal traction

Charles Williams willic3 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 3 20:59:40 PDT 2017

Dear Teng,

There should be more than one component of traction.  What is the dimension of your problem, and what slip model are you using?

> On 4/08/2017, at 2:09 PM, Li, Teng <tengli2 at illinois.edu> wrote:
>
> Hi!
>
> I would like to output normal traction of the fault in my model. So I use:
>
> vertex_data_fields = [slip,slip_rate,traction]
> writer = pylith.meshio.DataWriterHDF5
> writer.filename = output/fault.h5
>
> Finally I got the fault.h5 file.
> However, in the fault.h5 file, I find the traction is only the shear traction along the fault. So I was wondering how I can output the normal traction along the fault?
>
> Best,
> Teng
>

> Teng Li
>
> Master Candidate in Structures
>
> Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering

> 205 North Mathews Ave, Urbana, IL. 61801
>
> Phone:(217)8196210, Email: tengli2 at illinois.edu <mailto:tengli2 at illinois.edu>

Charles Williams I Geodynamic Modeler
GNS Science I Te Pῡ Ao
1 Fairway Drive, Avalon 5010, PO Box 30368, Lower Hutt 5040, New Zealand
Ph 0064-4-570-4566 I Mob 0064-22-350-7326 I Fax 0064-4-570-4600
http://www.gns.cri.nz/ <http://www.gns.cri.nz/> I Email: C.Williams at gns.cri.nz <mailto:your.email at gns.cri.nz>