[CIG-SHORT] Adding to the libraries

Ehsan Haghighat ehsanh at mit.edu
Sat Aug 5 19:52:07 PDT 2017

> The master branch is the current stable development version of PyLith. It has some fixes since the v2.2.0 release. If you want the v2.2.0 release, then use git to get the tagged version matching the release.
>
> From https://stackoverflow.com/questions/791959/download-a-specific-tag-with-git <https://stackoverflow.com/questions/791959/download-a-specific-tag-with-git>
>
> After the clone, you can list the tags with
> $ git tag -l
> and then checkout a specific tag:
> $ git checkout tags/<tag_name>
>
> Even better, checkout and create a branch (otherwise you will be on a branch named after the revision number of tag):
>
> $ git checkout tags/<tag_name> -b <branch_name>

What I understood is to install the latest version with "—with-pylith-git=master" and then get an earlier version. However, I remember once I tried to get the 2.1.0 on the 2.2.0 I faced incompatibilities between PETSc and Pylith. Do you think it will happen here? (at this time, I have to stick to the 2.1.0 version)

Thank you very much Brad for the support.

Best regards,
Ehsan