[CIG-SHORT] Adding to the libraries

Brad Aagaard baagaard at usgs.gov
Sat Aug 5 18:54:30 PDT 2017

On 8/5/17 2:55 PM, Ehsan Haghighat wrote:

>> It looks like you are trying to build PyLith using the installer
>> and the PyLith tarball. Because the PyLith tarball includes the
>> SWIG generated files, the installer doesn't configure PyLith to use
>> SWIG when using the tarball. You should tell the installer to use
>> the PyLith master branch; this will insure PyLith is configured so
>> that it will use SWIG to generate the Python interface. See the
>> DEVELOPER section of the INSTALL file in the PyLith installer for
>> how to use --with-pylith-git=master.
>

> I installed it from the master branch. It does now call the SWIG if
> needed.
>
> However, it seems the version of some of the files (meshio, for
> instance) are different from the released ones. Shouldn’t be the same
> version as the installer provides? If no, how can I get exactly the
> ones that are released?

The master branch is the current stable development version of PyLith.
It has some fixes since the v2.2.0 release. If you want the v2.2.0
release, then use git to get the tagged version matching the release.

 From
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/791959/download-a-specific-tag-with-git

After the clone, you can list the tags with
$ git tag -l
and then checkout a specific tag:
$ git checkout tags/<tag_name>

Even better, checkout and create a branch (otherwise you will be on a
branch named after the revision number of tag):

$ git checkout tags/<tag_name> -b <branch_name>

> I also got this error; however, the app seems running properly
>

> ==================================================== PyLith 2.2.0:
> tests_auto/eqinfo/test-suite.log
>
> # TOTAL: 1 # PASS:  0 # SKIP:  0 # XFAIL: 0 # FAIL:  1 # XPASS: 0 #
> ERROR: 0
>
> .. contents:: :depth: 2
>
> FAIL: test_eqinfo.py ====================
>
> test_stats (TestEqInfoLine.TestEqInfoLine) ... ERROR test_stats
> (TestEqInfoTri3.TestEqInfoTri3) ... ERROR test_stats
> (TestEqInfoQuad4.TestEqInfoQuad4) ... ERROR

ERROR: test_stats (TestEqInfoLine.TestEqInfoLine)

Traceback (most recent call last):
> File
> "/home/ehsanhaghighat/dev-est/build/pylith/pylith-master/tests_auto/eqinfo/TestEqInfoLine.py",
> line 53, in test_stats import stats_line ImportError: No module named
> stats_line

ERROR: test_stats (TestEqInfoTri3.TestEqInfoTri3)

Traceback (most recent call last):
> File
> "/home/ehsanhaghighat/dev-est/build/pylith/pylith-master/tests_auto/eqinfo/TestEqInfoTri3.py",
> line 53, in test_stats import stats_tri3 ImportError: No module named
> stats_tri3

ERROR: test_stats (TestEqInfoQuad4.TestEqInfoQuad4)

Traceback (most recent call last):
> File
> "/home/ehsanhaghighat/dev-est/build/pylith/pylith-master/tests_auto/eqinfo/TestEqInfoQuad4.py",
> line 53, in test_stats import stats_quad4 ImportError: No module
> named stats_quad4

Ran 3 tests in 0.050s

> FAILED (errors=3) FAIL test_eqinfo.py (exit status: 1)

I will look into this failed test.