[CIG-SHORT] (no subject)

Brad Aagaard baagaard at usgs.gov
Tue Aug 15 10:51:28 PDT 2017

On 8/14/17 6:36 AM, serenade a wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I have a question about linear interpolation. In my 3D model, the
> nearest interpolation is working well for the material properties.
> However, when I run the same model with linear interpolation, I am
> getting the following error.  How can I correct this error? Thank you in
> advance for your time.
>
> RuntimeError: Could not find parameters for physical properties at (
>  567328  4.51197e+06  -938.42) in material 'Upper crust material' using
> spatial database 'Properties for upper crust'.
>
> SimpleDB {
>   num-values = 3 // number of material property values
>   value-names =  density vs vp // names of the material property values
>   value-units =  kg/m**3  m/s  m/s // units
>   num-locs = 34738 // number of locations
>   data-dim = 3
>   space-dim = 3
>   cs-data = cartesian {
>     to-meters = 1.0
>     space-dim = 3
>   }

Does your spatial database have points surrounding the location
associated with the error. Nearest interpolation allows extrapolation
but linear interpolation does not.

If your points have a very irregular distribution in space, then try
adding/removing points so that the spatial distribution is more uniform
or has more gradual transition from coarse to fine spacing.