[CIG-SHORT] How to determine the value of Up direction

tu xiang tuxiang2016 at outlook.com
Tue Aug 29 03:53:17 PDT 2017

Based on the cubit_cellsize example, I construct another fault mesh model. But it output another error.

RuntimeError: Error computing orientation of cell face. Cannot resolve tangential components into unambigious directions.
Up direction (0, 0, 1)  cannot be parallel to the face normal (0, -0, -1).
If the face is horizontal, adjust the up_dir parameter.
application called MPI_Abort(MPI_COMM_WORLD, -1) - process 0

The complete output is attached.

Although I have looked up the manual, I do not know What does it mean and how to determine the value of Up direction.

Tu Xiang