[CIG-SHORT] Dynamic rupture on realistic mesh

Huihui Weng qfkq7850 at mail.ustc.edu.cn
Wed Nov 8 22:02:23 PST 2017

Hi Brad,

I have rerun this case by single computer core. In this situation, the progress will abort with error: RuntimeError: WARNING! Fault opening with nonzero traction., v_fault: 7990, opening: 1.0026e-07, normal traction: -0.00370101. Please see the attached file for detailed log.

The most important problem I concern about is why the normal and strike slips always accompany with the dip slip in the curved fault, even only assigning the shear stress at the dip direction. How can I inhibit these unnecessary slip? Could I do it by adjust the parameters of PETSc? Thanks.

Best,
Huihui