[CIG-SHORT] problem about discreting 3-D mesh model

Brad Aagaard baagaard at usgs.gov
Sat Nov 25 13:32:26 PST 2017

Tu,

You could be running into a mesh generation issue or running out of
memory. If you can generate the mesh at a coarser resolution, then I
suspect you may be running out of memory.

You can generate the mesh at a coarser resolution and use uniform global
refinement within PyLith to get the desired resolution. See
examples/3d/tet4 Steps 2 and 4 for how to use uniform global refinement.