[CIG-SHORT] Questions about calculation of afterslip

tu xiang tuxiang2016 at outlook.com
Sun Nov 26 04:37:59 PST 2017

hello,
I notice that the slips at the slab in example 3d/subduction/step02 jump at the time of 10.0 year and do not change during the next 190 years while the traction_change at the slab in the example also jump at the time of 10.0 year but they also changed in the next 190 years. Then , Why?

I want to simulate the coseismic dynamic rupture and then simulate the afterslip generated by the rupture in 3D model.

But I do not know how to calculate the afterslip tractions on the fault in 3D model.
Is it like this:
normal_stress=density*gacc*depth
strike_shear_stress=?
dip_shear_stress=?

normal_stress= normal_stress+normal_stress_change
strike_shear_stress=strike_shear_stress+strike_shear_stress_change
dip_shear_stress= dip_shear_stress+dip_shear_stress_change

Hope someone would like to tell me how to deal with these questions.

Best regards,
Tu Xiang