[CIG-SHORT] fault edge motion

Huihui Weng qfkq7850 at mail.ustc.edu.cn
Wed Oct 25 02:25:10 PDT 2017

Dear all,

I tried to build a model with two adjacent planar faults, one is kinematic fault and the other is dynamic fault. The PyLith of new version requires me to provide the fault edge, i.e., the group of nodes in the line that connects the two faults. But I find the fault edge always keep fixed. How can I set up the model to make the fault edge move to fill the “gap” of slip between these two faults? It does seem it is OK for 2D models of older Pylith versions. Thanks.

Best regards,
Huihui