[CIG-SHORT] Pylith turn off vtk writers

Surendra Nadh Somala surendra at iith.ac.in
Thu Aug 23 07:27:43 PDT 2018

One other reason why vtk files might still be there would be if output
settings for one of the materials is either missing (in which case pylith
defaults that to VTK) or misspelt.

-Surendra

On Thu, 23 Aug 2018 at 7:50 PM, Francisco Delgado <fjd49 at cornell.edu> wrote:

> I'm using the H5 output, it's much better than the vtk. I added the
> following to my file
>
> [pylithapp.problem.materials.crust.output]
> cell_info_fields = []
> cell_data_fields = []
>
> but it still writes the vtk output. Is there a solution to this?
>
> On Thu, Aug 23, 2018 at 10:13 AM, Surendra Nadh Somala <
> surendra at iith.ac.in> wrote:
>
>> Use
>>
>> vertex_data_fields=[]
>> vertex_info_fields=[]
>>
>> Displacement is a vertex field whereas stress and strain are cell fields.
>>
>> But then you won’t have any output if you want neither displacements nor
>> stress/strain outputs.
>>
>> Charles suggestion of using HDF5writer is what you might be looking for.
>>
>> -Surendra
>>
>> On Thu, 23 Aug 2018 at 7:10 PM, Francisco Delgado <fjd49 at cornell.edu>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Brad and Charles, yes it's the VTK writer for the predicted ground
>>> displacement of a pressurized magma chamber.
>>>
>>> My file looks like the following
>>>
>>> [pylithapp.timedependent.implicit]
>>> output = [subdomain]
>>> output.subdomain = pylith.meshio.OutputSolnSubset
>>> #output.points = pylith.meshio.OutputSolnPoints
>>>
>>> # Surface
>>> [pylithapp.problem.formulation.output.subdomain]
>>> writer = pylith.meshio.DataWriterHDF5
>>> label = face_zpos
>>> vertex_data_fields = [displacement]