[CIG-SHORT] Pylith turn off vtk writers

Francisco Delgado fjd49 at cornell.edu
Thu Aug 23 08:29:09 PDT 2018

H Brad, thanks for the info but I figured it out how to do it, you have to
add the following for every material in the model

[pylithapp.problem.materials.material_name.output]
cell_info_fields = []
cell_data_fields = []

If you another two materials material called "mantle" and "crust", then add

*[pylithapp.problem.materials.crust.output]*
*cell_info_fields = []*
*cell_data_fields = []*
*[pylithapp.problem.materials.mantle.output]*
*cell_info_fields = []*
*cell_data_fields = []*

Now the simulations run much much faster

Another question, why should I use* ksp_rtol=ksp_atol=1.0e-12*  instead of
1e-11 or 1e-10? Again, this can save a lot of time

Francisco