[CIG-SHORT] Question About PyLith

Brad Aagaard baagaard at usgs.gov
Fri Dec 7 11:48:25 PST 2018

Wang Guiwen,

I can't tell from the output (you need to capture both stdout and stderr
to the log, for example >& hex8_200m.log).

Some possible issues:

1. You need to build from source if you are running on a cluster. Use
the pylith_installer. The binary will not work on multiple compute nodes
of a cluster, because it uses MPI that is limited to a desktop or a
single compute node.

2. The benchmark repository includes benchmarks that were created over
10 years and many have not been updated for the current version. See the
PyLith release notes for changes needed to update old parameter files.
We would greatly appreciate users submitting pull requests that update
the parameter files.