[CIG-SHORT] Problems of PyLith installing in STEP4: make process

hkj at mail.ustc.edu.cn hkj at mail.ustc.edu.cn
Sun Feb 4 06:50:38 PST 2018

Dear Sir,

Tonight I tried to install PyLith 2.2.1 on my desktop(Debian 9.3, X86_64 Linux 4.9.0-5-amd64), and completed step1~3, which include,

STEP 1 - Download and unpack the installer
STEP 2 - Run configure
./configure --disable-proj4 --enable-python --with-make-threads=4 --prefix=$HOME/Software/pylith
STEP 3 - Setup your environment

However, during the process
STEP 4 - Build the software (execute source setup.sh and than make)
I first got some problems and fixed it, I tried again it seems went further, but finally got new error:

FAIL: testutils.py
Testsuite summary for PyLith 2.2.1
# TOTAL: 2
# PASS:  1
# SKIP:  0
# XFAIL: 0
# FAIL:  1
# XPASS: 0
# ERROR: 0
See unittests/pytests/utils/test-suite.log
Please report to cig-short at geodynamics.org

And It's what shown in test-suite.log

FAIL: test_mpiVersion (TestDependenciesVersion.TestDependenciesVersion)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/collyking/bulild/pylith/pylith-2.2.1/unittests/pytests/utils/TestDependenciesVersion.py", line 28, in test_mpiVersion
    self.failIf(match is None)
AssertionError: True is not false

Ran 32 tests in 0.060s

FAILED (failures=1)
FAIL testutils.py (exit status: 1)

I searched in the INSTALL file and googled it but seems got nothing helpful, so I send this e-mail to look for your help,  I would really appreciate it if you can give some good advice.

Thanks & Best regards

Kejing Huang