[CIG-SHORT] Pylith-running mpi on cluster

Niloufar Abolfathian niloufar.abolfathian at gmail.com
Tue Feb 6 16:06:45 PST 2018

Hi,

I am trying to run my code on the cluster but I have not gotten any
improvements when using multiple cores.

What I have tried:

Downloaded binaries for both Mac and Linux.  Single core vs multiple cores
(2 and 24 for Mac and Linux respectively) takes the same amount of time.

Compiled from source, no speed up either using shared memory or mpi, even
though the correct number of mpinemesis processes show up on multiple nodes.

I appreciate if you can help me with running the mpi on the cluster.

Thanks,
Niloufar