[CIG-SHORT] Stress discontinuity at fault intersection in 3D

Brad Aagaard baagaard at usgs.gov
Fri Feb 23 12:25:28 PST 2018

Josimar,

You can output the stress tensor in the domain and use post-processing
to compute the stress changes at whatever points you want and then
resolve them into tractions for a specific orientation. We don't have
utilities to do this, so you would need to write some (Python) code to
do this post-processing.