[CIG-SHORT] mesh resolution

tu xiang tuxiang2016 at outlook.com
Wed Mar 7 17:11:43 PST 2018

Dear Charles,
Yes, I have looked at the Trelis documentation for 'Exodus II-based Field Function’ . But I do not know how to set the sizing function because I still cannot understand its meaning.

For instance, the example of "cubit_cellsize" set the cellSize as follow:

vs = data[:,0]
cellSize = minPeriod*vs / 10.0
return cellSize

 But I do not know the meaning of the variable "cellSize", what is the function of the variable "cellSize" while the .jou file call this variable? such as:
# ----------------------------------------------------------------------
# Create tet4 mesh with resolution dictated by 'cell_size_fn'.
volume all scheme tetmesh
import sizing function  "mesh_cellsize.exo" block all variable "cell_size_fn" time 0.0000000
volume all sizing function type exodus
surface all sizing function type exodus
curve all scheme stride

I do not know how the variable "cell_size_fn"  controls the size of the cell on the fault. And if I want to control the size of the cell on the fault with the variable "cell_size_fn" so that the size of the cell on the fault must smaller than one constant value, how can I set this variable?

Best regards,
Tu Xiang