[CIG-SHORT] mesh resolution

Brad Aagaard baagaard at usgs.gov
Thu Mar 8 08:25:49 PST 2018

Tu Xiang,

cellSize has the same meaning in the script as "size" does when you
using constant sizing, bias sizing, etc. within CUBIT/Trellis. It is the
desired length of edges of a cell (distance between vertices of a cell
edge).

Within the script the cellSize is a function of x, y, z and is set equal
to desired length of edges of cells. In getCellSizeDB() we set the cell
size equal to 0.1 times the shortest wavelength of the S waves we want
to resolve (minPeriod*vs/10). In getCellSizeFn() we set the cell size
equal to an analytical function that depends on distance from a target
point with cell size increasing at a geometric rate with distance from
the point.