[CIG-SHORT] The pylith_benchmarks reports errors

Brad Aagaard baagaard at usgs.gov
Wed Mar 14 08:19:44 PDT 2018

Tu,

As you note, the journal files for the benchmarks are susceptible to
changes in the geometry engine of Trellis/CUBIT and how they number
surfaces, edges, and vertices.

The easiest way to update the journal files for your version of
Trellis/CUBIT is to draw the diagram of the domain and analyze the steps
in constructing the geometry to determine the corresponding entity ids.
In many cases we give names for the entities to make the scripts more
robust and easier to follow.

There are a lot of SCEC benchmarks that have been created over the past
15 years. When we do more testing of PyLith in the next year or so, we
will be updating the most relevant benchmarks for the latest version of
PyLith and Trellis/CUBIT.