[CIG-SHORT] TimeStepAdapt

Ekaterina Bolotskaya bolee at mit.edu
Mon Oct 22 10:51:46 PDT 2018

Dear Bing,

I'm sorry for emailing the whole mailing list, but I was trying to model similar things with Pylith and I faced the same issue with the time step.
I tried setting the time-step directly as Brad suggested, but it wasn't successful (too much refining necessary and I had to rerun the model after each refinement to see where the instability is and to refine again). I have moved to some other software recently, but I'm not sure yet if it will be capable of resolving the time step issue.
Could you send me a personal email please (bolee at mit.edu)? I would be very interested to talk to you about this and and your opinion is on how to proceed on this.

Thanks!

Best regards,
Ekaterina Bolotskaya

PhD Candidate in Geophysics,
Earth, Atmospheric and Planetary Science Department,
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
E-mail. bolee at mit.edu
Mob. +1 (857) 284-2805<tel:%2B1%20%28857%29%20284-2805>
         +7 (963) 995-36-33<tel:%2B7%20%28963%29%20995-36-33>