[CIG-SHORT] PyLith updates

Brad Aagaard baagaard at usgs.gov
Tue Sep 18 10:55:47 PDT 2018

Joachim,

We are working on a major new release v3.0. The most recent development
plan is posted on the CIG Wiki
https://wiki.geodynamics.org/software:pylith:start. The timeline has
slipped for v3.0. It is looking like it will be late 2018 or early 2019
for the v3.0 release. We are collaborating with members of the PyLith
community to add poroelasticity as an outcome of our hackathon this past
June; hopefully, this will be included in the v3.0 release.

The current stable release v2.2.1 should build on currently supported
Darwin (OS X) operating systems as well as Linux systems (currently
supported CentOS, Ubuntu, RedHat, Fedora, etc) using the current PyLith
installer. The PyLith master branch should also build and pass all of
the tests. We develop on Darwin (using clang/clang++) and Linux
(gcc/g++) and build the binaries on those systems using the installer.

If you provide detailed information about your build that is failing
(configure logs and full error messages), we will try to help resolve
any current issues.