[CIG-SHORT] PyLith Installer PETSc Issue

Robert Walker rlwalker at usc.edu
Tue Sep 18 22:49:28 PDT 2018

Trying again, and hard setting PETSC_DIR, no that is not the issue.

Robert L. Walker
PhD Candidate Petroleum Engineering
Mork Family Department of Chemicals and Materials Sciences
University of Southern California
Mobile US: +1 (213) - 290 -7101
Mobile EU: +34 62 274 66 40
rlwalker at usc.edu

On Tue, Sep 18, 2018 at 10:43 PM, Robert Walker <rlwalker at usc.edu> wrote:

> [...]
>>>                                                                 ^
>>>         /home/rcf-40/rlwalker/NTS/build/pylith/petsc-pylith/include/
>>> petsc/private/dmimpl.h:423:34:
>>>         error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
>>>                const PetscInt     fcdof = fs->bc ?
>>>         fs->bc->atlasDof[point - fs->bc->pStart] : 0;
>>>                                             ^
>>>         /home/rcf-40/rlwalker/NTS/build/pylith/petsc-pylith/include/
>>> petsc/private/dmimpl.h:423:43:
>>>         error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
>>>                const PetscInt     fcdof = fs->bc ?
>>>         fs->bc->atlasDof[point - fs->bc->pStart] : 0;
>>>                                                      ^
>>>         /home/rcf-40/rlwalker/NTS/build/pylith/petsc-pylith/include/
>>> petsc/private/dmimpl.h:423:68:
>>>         error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
>>>                const PetscInt     fcdof = fs->bc ?
>>>         fs->bc->atlasDof[point - fs->bc->pStart] : 0;
>>>
>>>               ^
>>>         /home/rcf-40/rlwalker/NTS/build/pylith/petsc-pylith/include/
>>> petsc/private/dmimpl.h:427:50:
>>>         error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
>>>                  const PetscSection ffs = dm->defaultSection->field[f];
>>>                                                             ^
>>>         /home/rcf-40/rlwalker/NTS/build/pylith/petsc-pylith/include/
>>> petsc/private/dmimpl.h:428:20:
>>>         error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
>>>                  ffcdof += ffs->bc ? ffs->bc->atlasDof[point -
>>>         ffs->bc->pStart] : 0;
>>>                               ^
>>>         /home/rcf-40/rlwalker/NTS/build/pylith/petsc-pylith/include/
>>> petsc/private/dmimpl.h:428:30:
>>>         error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
>>>                  ffcdof += ffs->bc ? ffs->bc->atlasDof[point -
>>>         ffs->bc->pStart] : 0;
>>>                                         ^
>>>         /home/rcf-40/rlwalker/NTS/build/pylith/petsc-pylith/include/
>>> petsc/private/dmimpl.h:428:56:
>>>         error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
>>>                  ffcdof += ffs->bc ? ffs->bc->atlasDof[point -
>>>         ffs->bc->pStart] : 0;
>>>                                                                   ^
>>>         make[3]: *** [arch-pylith/obj/dm/field/impls/ds/dmfieldds.o]
>>> Error 1
>>>         make[3]: Leaving directory
>>>         `/auto/rcf-proj/rlw1/build/pylith/petsc-pylith'
>>>         make[2]: *** [petsc] Error 2
>>>         make[2]: Leaving directory `/auto/rcf-proj/rlw1/build/pylith'
>>>         make[1]: *** [installed_petsc] Error 2
>>>         make[1]: Leaving directory `/auto/rcf-proj/rlw1/build/pylith'
>>>         make: *** [installed_pylith] Error 2
>>>
>>>         /* ========================================================== */
>>>         /* End Error */
>>>         /* ========================================================== */
>>>
>>>         Looking at ìt my thought is that there is a goof in the
>>>         interaction between the PetscSection type and the functions
>>>         outlined in dmimpl.h....it's a private function so maybe a PETSc
>>>         bug, but again I don't remember what version PETSc that the
>>>         pylith installer script pulls.
>>>
>>>         Thanks,
>>>
>>>         Robert
>>>

>>>         Robert L. Walker
>>>         MS Petroleum Engineering
>>>         Mork Family Department of Chemicals and Materials Sciences
>>> Q&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=BWOpUsAp5d
>>> vI5cUiP4uZxQ&m=saijv-PR0-VMJ14p4-dtFFzUC8H3QkdxQwMsw3L0aO8&
>>> s=ZUv2APUcfRgnrbEdOXuuviw3GwlnghID20tIjE3Hbjo&e=
>>>     <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__lists.g
>>> eodynamics.org_cgi-2Dbin_mailman_listinfo_cig-2Dshort&d=
>>> DwIGaQ&c=clK7kQUTWtAVEOVIgvi0NU5BOUHhpN0H8p7CSfnc_gI&r=BWOpU