[CIG-SHORT] Why Pylith could not find final slip at some point using spatial database Final slip.

Charles Williams willic3 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 6 13:12:27 PST 2019

Dear Tu,

It sounds as though you are doing linear slip interpolation and haven’t specified enough points to interpolate the slip.  The options to fix this are to either do nearest neighbor interpolation (the default) or provide more points with slip values in your spatialdb.  Also, check the dimension of your interpolation (I’m guessing you want 2D slip interpolation).

> On 5/01/2019, at 5:45 AM, tu xiang <tuxiang2016 at outlook.com> wrote:
>
> Hello,
> I am doing a simple 3D static simulation. I prepared all the files(.exo, .spatialdb and .cfg), but Pylith always report that "Could not find final slip at (  -5302.83  49502.5  0) using spatial database Final slip." If I added this point into the .spatialdb file, it would report that it could not find another point. I checked all the files, but I could not find how to deal with this problem.
> Hope someone would like to help me.
> Best regards,
> Tu Xiang
Charles Williams I Geodynamic Modeler
GNS Science I Te Pῡ Ao
1 Fairway Drive, Avalon 5010, PO Box 30368, Lower Hutt 5040, New Zealand
Ph 0064-4-570-4566 I Mob 0064-22-350-7326 I Fax 0064-4-570-4600
http://www.gns.cri.nz/ <http://www.gns.cri.nz/> I Email: C.Williams at gns.cri.nz <mailto:your.email at gns.cri.nz>