[CIG-SHORT] Why Pylith could not find final slip at some point using spatial database Final slip.

tu xiang tuxiang2016 at outlook.com
Mon Jan 7 15:55:09 PST 2019

Dear Charles
According to your suggestions, I used x, y, z coordinates instead of just setting z to zero. It is the same.

If I set nearest neighbor interpolation, it reports :
RuntimeError: basic_string::substr: __pos (which is 11) > this->size() (which is 10)

If I set linear interpolation, it reports:

Could not find final slip at some point using spatial database Final slip.

I carefully checked the spatial database files. There is no a disagreement between the number of points you’ve provided and the number that it says in your spatialdb.

It is really weird.
Bei

PS: I used some method to improve the quality of the mesh, it is still the same. It shows the problem should not be related to the quality of the mesh.