[CIG-SHORT] Why Pylith could not find final slip at some point using spatial database Final slip.

Charles Williams willic3 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 17:29:31 PST 2019

How large is your mesh?  If it’s not too large, send it along and I’ll try running things here.

> On 8/01/2019, at 12:35 PM, tu xiang <tuxiang2016 at outlook.com> wrote:
>
> Dear Charles
> According to your suggestions, I used x, y, z coordinates instead of just setting z to zero. It is the same.
>
> If I set nearest neighbor interpolation, it reports :
> RuntimeError: basic_string::substr: __pos (which is 11) > this->size() (which is 10)
>
> If I set linear interpolation, it reports:
> Could not find final slip at some point using spatial database Final slip.
>
> I carefully checked the spatial database files. There is no a disagreement between the number of points you’ve provided and the number that it says in your spatialdb.
>
> It is really weird.
> Bei
Charles Williams I Geodynamic Modeler
GNS Science I Te Pῡ Ao
1 Fairway Drive, Avalon 5010, PO Box 30368, Lower Hutt 5040, New Zealand
Ph 0064-4-570-4566 I Mob 0064-22-350-7326 I Fax 0064-4-570-4600
http://www.gns.cri.nz/ <http://www.gns.cri.nz/> I Email: C.Williams at gns.cri.nz <mailto:your.email at gns.cri.nz>