[CIG-SHORT] Why can't Pylith successfully interpolate the slip on the fault plane?

tu xiang tuxiang2016 at outlook.com
Sat Jan 12 08:11:52 PST 2019

Hello, everyone
I am doing a simple 3D static simulation. I prepared all the files(.exo, .spatialdb and .cfg).
But Pylith can't successfully interpolate the slip on the fault plane.

If I set nearest neighbor interpolation, it reports :
RuntimeError: basic_string::substr: __pos (which is 11) > this->size() (which is 10)

If I set linear interpolation, it reports:
Could not find final slip at some point using spatial database Final slip.

I tried various .spatialdb files, the problem is the same.  I checked all the files again and again, but I could not find how to deal with this problem. I used the PyLith Parameter Viewer to check all the parameters again and again, but I still cannot find where the problem is. I tried different version of Pylith, the problem is the same. I am really confused and do not know how to deal with this problem. If someone knows how to deal with this problem, please tell me. If you need the files, please feel free to contact me.
Thank you very much.
Best regards,
Tu