[CIG-SHORT] Output at separate set of split nodes AND effect of non-dimensional normalizer

Charles Williams willic3 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 13:45:00 PST 2019

Dear Ge,

I’m not familiar with this particular benchmark, but in general you will need to define the fault surface as a nodeset (you will have already done this), and make sure that you output the slip and traction for the fault.  There are a number of faulting examples in examples/3d/hex8.  By the way, PyLith does not use split nodes — it uses cohesive elements.

> On 26/01/2019, at 5:25 AM, Ge Li <ge.li2 at mail.mcgill.ca> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
> I’m working on reproducing benchmark TPV6, a bi-material simulation. I am wondering how to output the result on the split
> nodes in order to compare with the SCEC benchmark results?
>
> Thank you!
> Ge

Charles Williams I Geodynamic Modeler
GNS Science I Te Pῡ Ao
1 Fairway Drive, Avalon 5010, PO Box 30368, Lower Hutt 5040, New Zealand
Ph 0064-4-570-4566 I Mob 0064-22-350-7326 I Fax 0064-4-570-4600
http://www.gns.cri.nz/ <http://www.gns.cri.nz/> I Email: C.Williams at gns.cri.nz <mailto:your.email at gns.cri.nz>