[aspect-devel] New mesh refinement scheme

Wolfgang Bangerth bangerth at math.tamu.edu
Fri Dec 7 23:46:27 PST 2012

All,
I've rewritten the ways we do mesh refinement so that the various
criteria we use are all plugins that can be combined in whatever ways
you want, from the input file. I did manage to make sure that the meshes
we produce are the same as before. Unfortunately, I didn't quite manage
to keep the input files compatible and then also decided to clean up a
couple places.

 From the changes.h file:
The way we do mesh refinement has been completely rewritten.
This is now handled via plugins that provide different
refinement strategies and that can be combined if
so desired. The names of refinement criteria have also been
changed: "Temperature", "Velocity", and "Density c_p temperature"
have been renamed to "temperature", "velocity", and "thermal energy
density". Furthermore, the effect of the old name "Normalized density
and temperature" can be obtained by passing the list
"density, temperature". For more detail, see the manual's section
on parameters that describe the mesh refinement process.

Let me know if there's anything that doesn't work the way you expect it
to and I'll take a look!

Cheers

Wolfgang Bangerth               email:            bangerth at math.tamu.edu