[aspect-devel] Training videos on deal.II and computational science

Wolfgang Bangerth bangerth at math.tamu.edu
Mon May 6 04:21:04 PDT 2013

All,
at Texas A&M I teach a course where students have to implement deal.II
programs for whatever they do in the research. Prior to this semester, I had
decided that I'm going to record these lectures in a TV studio, and all but
three of them (40 so far) are now online (hosted by youtube) and linked to
from here:
   http://www.math.tamu.edu/~bangerth/videos.html
My original intent had been to have lectures primarily on deal.II itself, but
in the end I decided to go big: there are lectures on which solver to take,
which preconditioners to use, time dependent problems, parallel computing,
using tools such as Visit, Paraview and Eclipse, debugging, etc -- in essence,
all of the topics you encounter in computations science.

I hope that these videos serve as a nice resource to newcomers to deal.II, as
well as if you're learning about the practical aspects of scientific computing
in general. Any feedback is certainly welcome!

Best
  Wolfgang
Wolfgang Bangerth               email:            bangerth at math.tamu.edu