[aspect-devel] non-linear iterations

Glerum, A.C. (Anne) A.C.Glerum at uu.nl
Thu May 16 08:02:50 PDT 2013

Dear all,

Thank you for the new Aspect and Dealii releases; we just installed them and are ready to use them! We have a question pertaining to non-linear iterations on viscosity and other coefficients. As we understand it, there are non-linear iterations of the Stokes and temperature equations (iterated IMPES, iterated Stokes), but these only iterate on the advection term and the shear heating in the temperature equation. If we have non-linear dependencies of the viscosity on the strain rate, pressure a.o., this does not suffice right? Will you then be implementing full non-linear iterations and on what timescale?

Thank you,

Anne

Anne Glerum, MSc | PhD candidate | Department of Earth Sciences | Utrecht University|  Budapestlaan 4, 3584 CD Utrecht | Room Z.204 | A.C.Glerum at uu.nl<mailto:D.J.J.vanHinsbergen at uu.nl> |