[aspect-devel] The input for limiting the mesh refinement area

Nan Zhang Nan.Zhang at Colorado.EDU
Wed Jan 27 03:29:45 PST 2016

Hi all,

I try to limit the mesh refinement to a 3D spherical cap within a global
spherical shell. More specifically, What I want is that, given 4 points on
the Earth surface and 2 depths, the refinement will be limited in this
spherical cap. If I remembered correctly, Timo had done this two years
ago?

When I tried to find this input information, I grep mesh refinement
boundary. I found something like "Boundary refinement indicators" in
tests/refinement_boundary.prm. While, it is under "set Strategy =
boundary". I am not sure this is what I want, because I still want "set
Strategy = temperature".

I wonder how to set up the space limit for the mesh refinement?

Bests,
Nan