[aspect-devel] Problem: Iterative advection solver does not converge

John Naliboff jbnaliboff at ucdavis.edu
Mon Jun 6 13:10:15 PDT 2016

Hi Wolfgang,

Thanks for that clarification.

I’m still not exactly sure what such a large residual means in terms of the difference in the velocity field.

However, I think the definition of the residual may be a bit different than what I’m used to:
where v_i is the current velocities and v_i-1 are the previous values.

Cheers,
John

Assistant Project Scientist, CIG
Earth & Planetary Sciences Dept., UC Davis