[aspect-devel] Evenly spaced vectors, dynamic pressure

Adam Holt adamholt at mit.edu
Fri Sep 7 10:42:41 PDT 2018

Thanks much for the explanation! I'm interested in the component of the pressure that drives flow, so yes it sounds like this "nonadiabatic pressure". (For my incompressible models, I'm assuming this is just total minus hydrostatic pressure.)

I was confused because the "nonadiabatic pressure" output is dominated by a depth-dependent 1-D trend.  I'm assuming this is a numerical/normalization thing, and I just need to remove the horizontal average at all depths.

many thanks,
Adam