[CIG-ALL] CIG Business Meeting, Dec 12, San Francisco

Mark Richards Mark_Richards at ls.berkeley.edu
Mon Oct 30 11:16:45 PST 2006

Dear Colleague,

I would like to invite you attend the CIG Business meeting being held in
conjunction with the Fall AGU meeting in San Francisco on Tuesday,
December 12, at the Argent Hotel starting at 5:30 pm, with refreshments
starting at 7:30.

If you are interested in computational earth science and want to find
out
what's happening in your community or voice your opinion to your
colleagues,
please attend! If you are a senior scientist or a student, in the US
or from
another country, we welcome your participation.

At a recent CIG meeting in Austin TX, the Executive Committee proposed
that we amend the CIG ByLaws so that the number of normal, voting
members of the committee is increased from 4 to 5. Specifically, we
propose to amend Article VI, Section 1 of the By-Laws. Other changes
can be offered from the floor.

Besides such formal matters, we will hear reports from the Science
Steering Committee and the Director, as well as open up the meeting
to any issue that can be effectively discussed.

After the meeting we will have hors d'oeuvres and a cash bar.
See you in San Francisco.

Sincerely yours,

Mark Richards
Chair, CIG Executive Committee

CIG BUSINESS MEETING
DECEMBER 12, 2006
ARGENT HOTEL
50 THIRD STREET
SAN FRANCISCO, CA 94103

http://www.geodynamics.org:8080/cig/events/business-mtg-06

5:30 pm (City Room)

Call to order by Mark Richards, Chair, CIG Executive Committee

1. Report from the Science Steering Committee. Peter Olson, Chair
2. Discussion of CIG goals
3. Director's Report, Mike Gurnis
4. Amendment to ByLaws to expand EC, Mark Richards, Chair
5. Question and Answers
6. Motions from the Floor

7:30 pm Adjourn for Reception ( Franciscan III)
Drinks, snacks, and cash bar

--
Mark A. Richards
Executive Dean and Dean of Physical Sciences
e-mail: markr at seismo.berkeley.edu

Professor of Earth and Planetary Science
307 McCone Hall, MC 4767
University of California, Berkeley
ph: 510-642-8560