[CIG-ALL] CIG: 20104 AGU Announcements

Lorraine Hwang ljhwang at ucdavis.edu
Sun Dec 14 13:44:28 PST 2014

Dear CIG Community,

Welcome to AGU week! There are several changes this year for CIG at AGU:

 Annual Business Meeting will be held on Monday *** TOMORROW *** December 15.  The reception begins at 6pm followed by the business meeting at  7pm. This reception is joint with IRIS at the City Club of San Francisco in the Main Dining Room, 11th floor.  Directions can be found on our website at: http://geodynamics.org/cig/events/calendar/2013-cig-business-meeting-2/ <http://geodynamics.org/cig/events/calendar/2013-cig-business-meeting-2/>.
Please plan on a 15 min walk from Moscone Center:
155 Sansome Street
San Francisco, CA 94104
cityclubsf.com <http://cityclubsf.com/>Business Meeting will be held in the Grand Salon Room, 9th floor.

NEW this year. As part of the CIG III planning process, we will be gathering ideas during the Business Meeting Reception and online.  The four questions we are posing to the Community are:
I. CIG is considering holding a CIG Community-wde Workshop every other year. How should such a workshop be structured?
II. Excluding CIG code tutorials, what other types of special topic workshops should CIG lead?
III. What are the community's needs for:
a. mesoscale computing?
b. leadership class computing?
c. What role should CIG provide?
IV. What are CIG’s roles for supporting research?

Please look for these questions posted in the reception room. Grab a marker and add your ideas!

For those of you who cannot participate at the reception, post a sticky on our discussion Canvas at:
http://linoit.com/users/ljhwang/canvases/CIG%20III%20AGU%20Discussio <http://linoit.com/users/ljhwang/canvases/CIG%20III%20AGU%20Discussio>Instructions are posted on the CIG III AGU Discussion Canvas.  The lino app is also available free for android and through the app store. As we are trying something new, please feel free to email me back with your feedback.

If you wish to provide direct feedback, please look for AGU Staff Members, EC and SSC Working Group members at AGU. Members will be identifiable by the CIG logo sticker on their name badges.

NEW Please stop a Staff member and pick up a CIG logo sticker for your poster. This will help others in the community, including our sponsors, identify all the great research being done by our community using CIG code base.

CIG AGU Abstracts.  A partial list of CIG related abstracts can be found through our home page or at: http://geodynamics.org/cig/events/calendar/agu-2014-week/2013/ <http://geodynamics.org/cig/events/calendar/agu-2014-week/2013/>

Lastly, we regret to inform you that we will not be hosting a CIG Booth this year.  We know you will find other methods to meet up with friends and colleagues.

We hope everyone continues to enjoy safe travels during their stay at AGU and a merry and cheery Holiday Season.

Best,
Lorraine

Lorraine Hwang, PhD
Associate Director, CIG