[CIG-ALL] AGU Sessions of Interest

Lorraine Hwang ljhwang at ucdavis.edu
Tue Jul 8 08:55:22 PDT 2014

Dear Colleagues,

We would like to bring to your attention the following AGU sessions organized by CIG Scientists:

Towards Constraining Subduction Zone Dynamics
J Huw Davies, Cardiff Univ, Cardiff, United Kingdom, Rhodri Davies, Australian National University, Canberra, ACT, Australia, Fabio a Capitanio, Monash University, Melbourne, VIC, Australia and Saskia D B Goes, Imperial College London, London, SW7, United Kingdom
Session ID#: 2827

Session Description:

The subduction of lithosphere and its interactions with the mantle are recognized as fundamental solid Earth processes, yet the dynamics of this system remains unclear. How subduction zones initiate, evolve and eventually terminate is poorly understood, as constraints imposed by geological and geophysical observables are ambiguous. We solicit contributions that address present-day seismic structure, rheology, surface motions, temperature distribution, chemistry, mineralogy, topography or stress of subduction zones, in order to provide insight into the dynamics of the initiation, termination and/or evolution of subduction along convergent margins. We encourage contributions from any and all depth ranges relevant to subduction dynamics, i.e. from the surface to the lowermost mantle, and from both observational, computational and experimental point of views.

Invited Presenters:-
Karin Sigloch
Neil RIbe
Tobias Rolf
Jeanette Di Leo

This year's AGU Fall Meeting, in San Francisco, will be held 15-19 December.  The abstract submission deadline is 06 August, 11:59 pm EDT. Please note, the abstract submission tool is NEW this year.

http://fallmeeting.agu.org/2014/scientific-program/abstract-submission-policies/

Best,
Lorraine

Lorraine Hwang, PhD