[CIG-ALL] 2015 AGU: Session on The Asthenosphere

Lorraine Hwang ljhwang at ucdavis.edu
Tue Jul 14 11:35:00 PDT 2015

Dear Colleagues,

We would like to draw your attention to our 2015 AGU Fall Meeting Session "The Asthenosphere."

Session T001 (ID# 8620) <https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm15/preliminaryview.cgi/Session8260>: What is the asthenosphere? How can its upper and lower boundaries be defined and imaged? How is it/should it be included in geodynamic models? What role does it play in mantle convection, dynamic topography, and transfer of stresses to the lithosphere? How does it evolve below tectonically active/varying regions? In this session we invite papers that address topics such as seismic detection of the asthenosphere and its upper and lower boundaries; rheology; evolution; partial melting processes; composition, and case studies. We welcome a range of methodologies including theoretical, experimental, numerical modeling and observational.

Confirmed invited speakers in our session are: Karen Fischer (Brown University), Clint Conrad (University of Hawaii), and John Armitage (University of London).

This years Fall Meeting will take place from December 14-18 in San Francisco. Please note the abstract submission deadline is August 5th.

Looking forward to your submissions and seeing you at AGU!

Best Regards,

Jolante van Wijk, Claire Currie, and Andrew Schaeffer