[CIG-LONG] [Gale] Displacement vectors and Finite strain ellipsoid?

Guillaume.Duclaux at csiro.au Guillaume.Duclaux at csiro.au
Thu Nov 27 21:59:28 PST 2008

G'day all, g'day Walter,

I'd like to represent displacement vectors and finite strain ellipsoids (Eigen vectors of the finite strain tensor).

Did some of you ever tried to deal with that?

I think that it would be great to have such outputs in the VTK Fields files. I've been playing with instantaneous stress tensors in order to visualise change of stress direction within a model. I'd love to be able to visualise the instantaneous and finite strain tensors for these models!

Cheers

Guilly

Dr Guillaume Duclaux
Structural Geologist/Modeller
CSIRO Exploration and Mining
Visiting address: 6G13, ARRC, 26 Dick Perry Avenue, Kensington, Western Australia, 6151
Postal address: PO Box 1130, Bentley, Western Australia, 6102, Australia
Ph: + 61 8 6436 8728  Fax: + 61 8 6436 8555  Web: www.em.csiro.au