[CIG-LONG] Thermal condition

Taichi SATO taichix at ori.u-tokyo.ac.jp
Wed Dec 2 02:42:34 PST 2009

Hello, everyone

I am still constructing mid-ocean ridge acression
model. I think it is getting better but I have two
questions about thermal condition.

1. Is it possible to keep initial thermal condition?
As simulation proceeds, high temperature region in
mantle will broaden. I think it is not suitable
for mid-ocean ridge process.

2. AnalyticalTemperatureIC does not work.
At the moment, I use TemperatureProfile for
thermal condition, but the function is for
continental lithosphere modeling. So I would like
to use more suitable function, such as what
contains error function, for mid-ocean ridge
modeling .
So, I tried to apply to apply
AnalyticalTemperatureIC, but it does not work. (I
do not know whether this function is suitable for
my modeling...)

Would you give me some adivces? I attach my input
file and please change thermal condition.

Sincerely yours,

Taichi Sato