[CIG-LONG] Compiling Gale from Source Code?

Walter Landry walter at geodynamics.org
Tue Jan 13 15:02:11 PST 2009

"Neil de Laplante" <neildlp at mit.edu> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am on a Mac, and I didn't use "--with-shared=0" when I configured PETSc
> originally, but I just re-ran it with that option and got the same error.  I
> even completely deleted and re-installed PETSc because I wasn't positive it
> had overwritten itself properly.  It still crashed at exactly the same place.
> I've attached configure_vars for you.

I compared your configure_vars with the one on my Mac, and I think I
know what the problem is.  Try deleting the line

 env.Append(RPATH=Split('@PETSC_LIBPATH@'))

in configure_vars.in.  After running configure again, it should
compile cleanly.  The problem is, I think, that I need to update the
version of scons I include.

walter at geodynamics.org