[CIG-LONG] Low viscosity material around dike

Guillaume.Duclaux at csiro.au Guillaume.Duclaux at csiro.au
Sun May 9 08:46:21 PDT 2010

In the literature A is usually expressed in MPa^(-n).s^(-1), consequently it need to be scaled:

Agale= A^(1/n)*timeScalingFactor^(1/n)

I've been using values from Ranalli 1997, and for a quartz, A=1e-3 MPa^(-n).s^(-1), n=2, Ea=167 kJ.mol^(-1). No 1e-16 in my recent scripts, though.

Attached is a basic scaling spreadsheet I prepared for scaling the input parameters for the NonNewtonian viscosity implementation in Gale.
How it works: Fill the cells in orange (Edot, n, scalingFactor, A, Ea) and get T_0 and A_Gale (in red) scaled for the input file...
Use it at your own risks! I don't guarantee the correctness of the script.
If you still want to use it and find an error, please let me know ;)

Cheers

Gilly

Dr Guillaume Duclaux
Visiting address: ARRC, 26 Dick Perry Av., Kensington WA 6151
Postal address: PO Box 1130, Bentley WA 6102, Australia