[CIG-LONG] UCBerkeley grad: Short query about platform

f_orellana at berkeley.edu f_orellana at berkeley.edu
Mon Jun 11 16:44:15 PDT 2012

  To the CIG development community:

   My name is Felipe Orellana, a graduate student from UC Berkeley.

    I am about to install a Linux operating system in my laptop machine
and I would like to have some advice from you, because I think I will
be using some of your software in the nearby future, and also because
I feel very sympathetic with your development project.

   The question goes:

   Do you have any recommendation about any specific LINUX type/version to
use?  I mean being suitable to handle codes like Gale, Snac (long term
dynamics)?

  so, any suitable:  Fedora, Ubuntu, Redhat? any release?

   I would appreciate your advice,

warm regards,
from Berkeley, CA

Felipe