[CIG-MC] MPI_Isend error

Magali Billen mibillen at ucdavis.edu
Tue Nov 17 16:23:45 PST 2009

Hello,

I'm using CitcomCU and am having a strange problem with problem either
hanging (no error, just doesn't
go anywhere) or it dies with an MPI_Isend error (see below).  I seem
to recall having problems with the MPI_Isend
command and the lam-mpi version of mpi, but I've not had any problems
with mpich-2.
On the new cluster we are compling with openmpi instead of MPICH-2.

The MPI_Isend error seems to occur during Initialization in the call
to the function mass_matrix, which then
calls exchange_node_f20, which is where the call to MPI_Isend is.

--snip--
ok14: parallel shuffle element and id arrays
ok15: construct shape functions
[farm.caes.ucdavis.edu:27041] *** An error occurred in MPI_Isend
[farm.caes.ucdavis.edu:27041] *** on communicator MPI_COMM_WORLD
[farm.caes.ucdavis.edu:27041] *** MPI_ERR_RANK: invalid rank
[farm.caes.ucdavis.edu:27041] *** MPI_ERRORS_ARE_FATAL (your MPI job
will now abort)

Has this (or these) types of error occurred for other versions of
Citcom using MPI_Isend (it seems that CitcomS uses
this command also).   I'm not sure how to debug this error, especially
since sometimes it just hangs with no error.

Any advice you have would be hepful,
Magali

-----------------------------
Associate Professor, U.C. Davis