[CIG-SEISMO] time reversed computation in specfem2d

pge05bqw at studserv.uni-leipzig.de pge05bqw at studserv.uni-leipzig.de
Thu Apr 30 05:33:03 PDT 2009

Hello,
thanks for your answers. My aim is to simulate time reversed seismic
wave propagation in random media. There should be absorbing and non
absorbing bounderies. This is in preparation for my physics diploma
thesis. I'm sorry if I ask silly questions because I'm quite new to
(computational) geophysics.
How does the source function matter for the adjoint simulation, if I
run a forward simulation first? (The temporal extent of the source
function should of course be small compared to the running time)I
thought it would be enough to change the sign of the "deltat" in the
second loop only. (which seems to work for the only time loop in 1D)
The routines of the 3D adjoint code appear to be much more complicated
than that.
But if someone of you has allready implemented it, it would be nice if
you could make it available.
Best regards,
Jörg