[CIG-SEISMO] SPECFEM2D problem

Dimitri Komatitsch dimitri.komatitsch at univ-pau.fr
Thu May 6 14:03:45 PDT 2010

Hi Paul,

Regarding plane waves you can contact my former PhD student Ronan Madec
<ronan.madec at gmail.com>, who wrote that part.
He should be able to tell you how to change the angle.

On 05/06/2010 10:01 PM, cristini wrote:
> Hi Dimitri,
>
> The last svn update solved the problem. Thanks to all for the great job
> with SPECFEM!
> There is also a small problem. The choice of pressure for the image type
> parameter leads to a segmentation fault. All other choice is fine.
> I have also several questions on the use of a plane wave as a source.
> - Is it possible to choose the angle ? and for example to see the
> reflection of a plane at a plane interface.
> - There is a comment when choosing a plane as a source indicating that
> it is possible to have an incident Rayleigh wave. How does it work ?
>
> Paul
>
> PS: Allez l'OM !
>

> Dimitri Komatitsch a écrit :
>>
>> Hi Paul,
>>
>> Thanks for your feedback. Indeed there is a small problem in the
>> current 2D parallel version, Pieyre and Christina have just fixed it
>> and we will therefore release a new version in the next few days. We
>> will send everybody an announcement.
>>
>> Sorry about the problem.
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Congratulations on Marseille winning the championship last night!!!
>>
>> Dimitri.
>>
>> On 05/02/2010 08:41 PM, cristini wrote:
>>> Dear all,
>>>
>>> I have a problem with SPECFEM2D when running in parallel mode. I did an
>>> interface in Python between gmsh and SPEFEM2D. Everything is working
>>> well when runing a serial simulation but the same configuration which
>>> works well in serial do not work in parallel mode. This a very simple
>>> simulation between two homogeneous elastic media. Note that the same
>>> problem occur for the acoustic case. (jpeg images enclosed : *np1.gif is
>>> the result of a serialsimulation while *np2.gif is the result of a
>>> parallel simulation at the same time)
>>> If you have any idea.
>>> Best regards
>>> Paul Cristini

Dimitri Komatitsch - dimitri.komatitsch aT univ-pau.fr
Professor, University of Pau, Institut universitaire de France,
CNRS and INRIA Magique3D, France   http://www.univ-pau.fr/~dkomati1