[CIG-SEISMO] benchmark with csem method

mingzhao.china mingzhao.china at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 11:01:46 PST 2012

Hi All,

I'm planning to compare the results of SPECFEM3D with the CSEM(coupled spectral element method) developed by Yann Capdeville and Chajub.The model I'm using is the so-called "sandwich" model(see the attachment,originally proposed by Barbara et al,2003)。As a test I'm using VTI anisotropy PREM model in the middle shell,but I changed the Vsh volocity to a much slower value which is 6.265km/s between 2891~2741km(about 150km above CMB).The model should consist of three part:

the upper prem(0~2741km)
the middle modified vti anisotropy prem(2741~2891km),
the lower prem(>2891km)

So,can anyone tell me how to design such a model in SPECFEM3D?
Thanks!

mingzhao.china