[CIG-SEISMO] problems about mineos

yuanyuan liu johnny.lyy at me.com
Thu Apr 3 12:27:08 PDT 2014

Hi,

    I am new to mineos and have two problems here.
    First, I am stuck with “short_site" and “short_sitechan". I have produced these two files using “rdseed -d -o 3 -f Chile.seed”, which look similar to those in the demo3. However, the error message “WARNING: green: Channel: #            2  is not horizontal. Sequence ignored” keeps coming out. It seems to me the angles in the “short_sitechan" are correct. I put both files and error message in the attachment.
    Second, I am trying to produce synthetic seismograms in this case: a known telesismic event, 300 TA stations. But i would like to manipulate the velocity structure under these stations. The Rayleigh wave phase velocities are identical everywhere in this region except a 500*500 km (about 7*7 stations, considering 70km station spacing)in the middle , which has 10% lower velocity anomaly. How and where should I create this specific input model?
   Thank you.

Best,
Yuan